Dirty Old Prom Queen

In '98 I was the prom queen and in '06 I hang out with queens. I'm a private tutor during the day and a comedian at night in ol' NYC. I just can't seem to get out of high school...can someone call the custodian? Vesuvio, I'm locked in!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

West Siiieeeede


I'm on the West Coast this week, people. I went to my cousin's wedding last Saturday in Seattle and now I am in Portland soaking up the good life. That is why I have not posted recently.

I thought I would post some fun Portland facts for everyone:

1. Largest number of strip clubs per capita. Zowee!
2. Popular destination for runaways. Luckily, I've packed my bindle.
3. The world's smallest park, totaling 452 inches, created in Portland on St. Patrick's Day for leprechauns and snail races
4. Most bumper stickers per capita. I don't know how you could possibly calculate that, but someone has.
5. Portland is very anti-chain. Lots of cute independent boutiques and restaurants and coffee shops. These are certainly appreciated by the runaways and strippers.

It's a pretty sweet place to visit. Lots of handsome healthy people and cheap apartments and beautiful scenery and wine in grocery stores. But New York still stays open later than anyone...except Vegas...but no one wants to live in Vegas.

More fun facts at http://www.maxwellsinclair.com/portland_funfacts.php. My links button isn't working.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you're a reader, go to Powells.

    Tabla is the best higher-end restaurant in town.

    Zells for breakfast is great, but it's a breakfast town, so you have tons of options.

    We also have the largest urban park (Forest park).

    Another piece of trivia - best city ever.

    Have fun!

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Blogger tps12 said…

    There's a Thai restaurant there that has like a zillion teas. Ossray probably knows it.

    And the pinball. O, the pinball.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Buffy said…

    I hate 'chain' anything. I allow people to drag me to them more than I like. But I always feel kinda icky afterwards.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home