Dirty Old Prom Queen

In '98 I was the prom queen and in '06 I hang out with queens. I'm a private tutor during the day and a comedian at night in ol' NYC. I just can't seem to get out of high school...can someone call the custodian? Vesuvio, I'm locked in!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Personal Ponies

Everyone who knows me, knows that I have an obsession for miniature horses and shetland ponies and that I constantly pray to Santa Clause for one. So, when Michelle Collins sent me a link to a charity called Personal Ponies, where UK shetland ponies are given, FREE OF CHARGE, to children with disabilities, I wept. I have finally found the charity to which I can give my millions...of hugs.

This is straight from the page. Prepare to fall apart.

"What do our ponies DO?

Photo of little girl brushing her pony.Lots of people ask us what our ponies must be able to DO. The only thing our ponies MUST be able to do is to be fine companions for small children. Most ponies are too small to be ridden (except minimally by a child of thirty pounds or less). Very often, however, they make very fine driving ponies if trained. But ALL of our ponies must love to be hugged and petted and kissed, to stand patiently while a child in braces or on crutches or in a wheel chair brushes and combs, feeds or caresses them. THAT is the work our ponies do!"

Now, I am wondering how I can qualify for a free pony. The foot I broke at my birthday party still smarts when it rains. Free pony please.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Tiny Banquet Committee said…

    That is crazy-cute!
    I have been eyeing the miniature animals for sale at this place.

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lang,
    I was just informed that "ponies" are not young horses, but full grown horses that just happen to be small in stature. Did you know this? Does everybody know this except for me?? I am freaking out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home