Dirty Old Prom Queen

In '98 I was the prom queen and in '06 I hang out with queens. I'm a private tutor during the day and a comedian at night in ol' NYC. I just can't seem to get out of high school...can someone call the custodian? Vesuvio, I'm locked in!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Come On Over Here You Big Lug!


I just had an overwhelming urge to "hug goodbye" a man that I just interviewed. There was nothing out of the ordinary about the interview. I looked at his resume and asked him a few questioned -- asked him if he had any questions for me. And when it was over, I walked him to the door, but instead of extending one hand for a professional handshake, both arms raised. For a split second they were both outstretched in his direction, but I recovered from this awkward moment by moving the left hand further upward into my hair. I felt the weight of my body move toward him to give him a kiss on the cheek, which resulted in me leaning so far into this handshake. It was just so bizarre. I don't know why I forgot where I was and just transported myself to a gallery opening. If the day continues like this, in one hour I'll be frenching my postman.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home