Dirty Old Prom Queen

In '98 I was the prom queen and in '06 I hang out with queens. I'm a private tutor during the day and a comedian at night in ol' NYC. I just can't seem to get out of high school...can someone call the custodian? Vesuvio, I'm locked in!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Tribute to My Hero

LISA FRANK!!

I was just thinking about my psychedelic, unicorn-covered, hallucination-inducing folders/pencils/staplers from Lisa Frank. No grade school girl was without these amazingly trippy accessories and the only item more coveted was a little lady's Caboodle. Anyway, I got to wondering about ol' Lisa. And so I googled her and found out that she's still up to her old tricks, but also has the most magical and inspirational website for girls.

Not only does she advertise her whimsical, rainbowy products on the site, she also extends a day-glo glove-covered hand to mentor these tweens. She has articles on eating disorders, getting good grades, the environment, not to mention my favorite topic: "A Girls Dreams."The whole site rendered me so inspired that I bought myself an Ovaltine and started a chain letter.

Here's what the chain letter said:

Dear You, You have been selected to be the luckiest bastard in all of school. Listen carefully, copy this letter and add your smallest eyelash to the envelope, then send it to 43 other people telling each to add their own eyelash. When the envelope contains 3 million eyelashes, you will receive 1 million dollars. The million dollars will be left in a treasure chest in an unmarked location, which will be disclosed to you via telegram. Good luck! P.S. If you don't do it, you'll never get a car when you turn 16. Your parents will laugh in your face.

Oh! Also, on the Lisa Frank website, was a button that said "Gang." And it shows all of her characters and facts about them. It is so cute. Below is my favorite: "Rainbow Chaser!"

1 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Katy said…

    Holy crap! Lisa Frank!!! I totally stickered my entire bedroom door with her crap. This takes me back, my friend. Waaaayyyy back. I can't believe she's still in business! Why doesn't she have tv commercials???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home